Changes - Version 184.108.40.206 - 18 Augustus 2011
- Fixed a regression: class or variable browsing by control clicking now works again.
- Pasting chunks of code that require scrolling now force a refresh instead of showing gibberish.
- The portable shortcut now runs .\devcpp.exe instead of one in Program Files.
- Fixed: Typing stuff like foo[bar.member] spawned the completion tooltip of foo when typing the '.' after bar.
- Added a D3D9 example template.
- The shortcut is now a proper autoit executable.
- Rewritten the GDB communication code that retrieves register contents.
- Added a standards (-std) selection option.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-220.127.116.11 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 18.104.22.168+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes
- NOT FIXED: Dev-C++ stalls when it tries to terminate console programs waiting at "Press any key" lines.
- FIXED: A bunch of Copy menu items now listen to shortcuts like Ctrl-C too.
- FIXED: Added font customization for the compiler sheet.
- FIXED: Tab shortcuts now use Tabs instead of Shift-Ctrl-I and Shift-Ctrl-U (who came up with that fingerbreaking combination anyway?).
- FIXED: Restyled pretty much everything.
- FIXED: Reorganized a few windows to make better use of space.
- FIXED: Several SynEdits now do not have an infinitely long scrollbar anymore.
- FIXED: The splash screen now does not show up behind the tooltips anymore.
- FIXED: Improved startup speed for the New Look theme.
- FIXED: Updated the splash screen text.
- FIXED: Added more keyboard shortcuts to rightclick menus.
- FIXED: Removed everything XPMenu related. This shaves off about 7000 lines of code and makes Dev a bit faster.
- FIXED: Added a bunch of code insertion templates. For example, WinMain, WindProc and a do-while() loop.
- FIXED: More...